Lookup Public Records in Cass County, North Dakota. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Cass County, North Dakota Overview
Cass County is located in the U.S. state of North Dakota. The county was formed in 1873 and named after George Washington Cass (1810–1888), who was the president of the Northern Pacific Railroad. The county seat is Fargo. According to the U.S. Census Bureau of 2018, the county has a population of approximately 149,778 people. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 1,768 square miles, of which 1,765 square miles is land and 3.0 square miles is water. Cass County borders the following counties: Traill County to the north; Norman County, Minnesota to the northeast; Clay County, Minnesota to the east; Richland County to the southeast; Ransom County to the southwest; Barnes County to the west; and Steele County to the northwest. Cass County has 29 zip codes. The zip codes are 58002, 58004, 58005, 58006, 58007, 58011, 58012, 58021, 58027, 58029, 58102, 58103, 58104, 58105, 58031, 58035, 58036, 58038, 58042, 58046, 58047, 58048, 58051, 58052, 58059, 58064, 58071, 58078, and 58079. The most populated zip code is 58103.
Cass County Clerk of District Courts Office Information
- The Clerk of District Court of Cass County is responsible for the following duties:
- Take charge of all papers and records filed or deposited in the clerk of district court office and maintain and dispose of the papers and records in accordance with N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R. 19.
- Attend sessions of the district court during criminal master calendar proceedings, sentencing proceedings, jury selection, or trials or other civil or criminal proceedings if, after consultation with the judge.
- Prepare judgments of the court in criminal cases.
- Comply with and implement procedures consistent with this rule included in the Clerk of Court Manual and other manuals and guides adopted by the Office of the State Court Administrator.
- Issue all process and notices required to be issued by the district court.
- Maintain money judgment information in the case management system which includes the name of each judgment debtor, the amount of the judgment, and the precise time of entry.
- Satisfy all liens and judgments docketed or on file in the office immediately after the satisfaction of the lien or judgment are filed.
- Maintain information in the case management system regarding civil, criminal, and juvenile actions.
- Implement financial controls in accordance with judicial branch policies and procedures.
- Receive, safeguard, and disburse, all money required to be paid to the clerk of district court and maintain required records.
- Keep other records and perform other duties prescribed by statute, rule, policy, or procedure.
- Seek the assistance of the Office of the State Court Administrator or the Clerk of the Supreme Court concerning the application of statutes, rules, policies, and procedures governing clerk of district court services.
Further information can be found by visiting the link below:
You can conveniently conduct online searches of district court record information by name, citation number, or case number. The search site can be found on the Supreme Court’s website. The link is given below:
An online search will show you record information maintained anywhere in the state. The site also allows searching court calendars, which gives court users information about court dates and times.
The physical address of the Cass County Clerk of District Courts Office is:
Clerk of District Court
Cass County Courthouse
211 S. 9th St.
P.O. Box 2806
Fargo, ND 58108-2806
Office Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Lindsey Froehlich is the District Court Clerk of Cass County. She can be contacted at 701-451-6900 or emailed at email@example.com
Cass County Recorder’s Office
County Government Office
Address: 211 9th St S, Fargo, ND 58103, United States