Lookup Public Records in Adams County, North Dakota. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Adams County, North Dakota Overview
Adams County is located in the U.S. state of North Dakota. The county was formed in 1885 and named after John Quincy Adams (1848 – 1919), a railroad official for the Milwaukee Road Railroad and distant relative of U.S. President John Quincy Adams (1767 – 1848). The county seat is Hettinger. According to the U.S. Census Bureau of 2018, the county has a population of approximately 2,343 people. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 989 square miles of which 988 square miles is land and 1.1 square miles is water. Adams County borders the following counties: Hettinger County to the north; Grant County to the northeast; Sioux County to the east; Perkins County, South Dakota to the south; Harding County, South Dakota to the southwest; Bowman County to the west; and Slope County to the northwest. Adams County has six zip codes. The zip codes are 58639, 57638, 58646, 58562, 58649, and 58650. The most populated zip code is 58639.
Adams County Clerk of District Courts Office Information
The Clerk of District Court of Adams County is responsible for the following duties:
- Take charge of all papers and records filed or deposited in the clerk of district court office and maintain and dispose of the papers and records in accordance with N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R. 19.
- Attend sessions of the district court during criminal master calendar proceedings, sentencing proceedings, jury selection, or trials or other civil or criminal proceedings if, after consultation with the judge.
- Prepare judgments of the court in criminal cases.
- Comply with and implement procedures consistent with this rule included in the Clerk of Court Manual and other manuals and guides adopted by the Office of the State Court Administrator.
- Issue all process and notices required to be issued by the district court.
- Maintain money judgment information in the case management system which includes the name of each judgment debtor, the amount of the judgment, and the precise time of entry.
- Satisfy all liens and judgments docketed or on file in the office immediately after the satisfaction of the lien or judgment is filed.
- Maintain information in the case management system regarding civil, criminal, and juvenile actions.
- Implement financial controls in accordance with judicial branch policies and procedures.
- Receive, safeguard, and disburse, all money required to be paid to the clerk of district court and maintain required records.
- Keep other records and perform other duties prescribed by statute, rule, policy, or procedure.
- Seek the assistance of the Office of the State Court Administrator or the Clerk of the Supreme Court concerning the application of statutes, rules, policies, and procedures governing clerk of district court services.
You can conveniently conduct online searches of district court record information by name, citation number, or case number. The search site can be found on the Supreme Court’s website. The link is given below:
An online search will show you record information maintained anywhere in the state. The site also allows searching court calendars, which gives court users information about court dates and times.
The physical address of the Adams County Clerk of District Courts Office is:
Clerk of District Court
Adams County Courthouse
P.O. Box 469
Hettinger, ND 58639-0469
Deborah Markegard is the District Court Clerk of Adams County. She can be contacted at 701-567-2537or emailed at 01Clerk@ndcourts.gov