Lookup Public Records in Grant County, Oklahoma. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Grant County, Oklahoma Overview
Grant County is a county located in the state of Oklahoma. The county was formed in 1893. Named after Ulysses S. Grant, the county seat is Medford and it has a population of 4,528 as of 2013. The county has a total area of 1004 square miles, with its land area encompassing 1001 square miles, and its water area 2.7 square miles. The county consists of 8 ZIP codes, with ZIP code 73759 recorded as the one with the largest population. Moreover, Grant County borders the following counties: Garfield County, Oklahoma to the south; Kay County, Oklahoma to the east; Alfalfa County, Oklahoma to the west; Sumner County, Kansas to the northeast; Harper County, Kansas to the northwest, and; Noble County, Oklahoma to the southeast.
Grant County Clerk Information
Cindy Pratt was sworn into the office of County Clerk by Judge Paul Woodward on January 03, 2017. This is Pratts’ first time serving in public office, although she has worked in the financial industry for over 30 years prior to being elected. “I am excited for my new role as Grant County Clerk and will work hard for the citizens and employees of Grant County.”
The County Clerk is the principal record keeper of the county. All legal instruments, including plat maps, deeds, mortgages, oil and gas leases, liens, and military discharge papers that are filed with the county by private citizens and public officials are preserved by the County Clerk. Other duties of the County Clerk include the following activities:
- Serving as secretary for the Board of County Commissioners and other county boards such as the County Excise Board
- Recording all appropriations and expenditures for each county office or department
- Preparing warrants or checks for paying county bills and payroll
- When serving as the county’s purchasing agent, purchasing or leasing and maintaining all county supplies and equipment
- Acting as the registrar of deeds
County Clerk Website:
You can view and search records of the county clerk in the website below. The website, OKCountyRecords hosts Grant County’s clerk records, indexed data and images from June 1997, and you can access these records through registering to a subscription to their website. The search engine they provide allow you to search using the name, book, page, instrument number and type, legal description, among others.
The county clerk’s fees are listed below. For the purpose of preserving, maintaining, and archiving recorded instruments including, but not limited to, records management, records preservation, automation, modernization, and related lawful expenditures, in addition to all other fees required by law, the county clerk shall collect $5.00 for each instrument recorded with the Registrar of Deeds.
Below is the physical address of the County Clerk:
Cindy Pratt, County Clerk
112 E Guthrie,
Medford OK 73759
The primary responsibilities of the Court Clerk are to record, file, and maintain the proceedings of the District Court and to maintain books such as trial dockets, case files, and journals useful for locating past court proceedings. The Court Clerk keeps summaries of court actions in an appearance docket; maintains case files; collects court fees, fines, costs, assessments, and forfeitures; and distributes or expends collected monies.
- The Court Clerk issues legal warrants including subpoenas, orders, processes, and writs as allowed by statute. The Court Clerk is also responsible for issuing marriage licenses and beer, pool hall, and other county licenses.
- The Court Clerk keeps records of all jurors and witnesses in the District Court. If required, the Court Clerk acts as custodian of the County Law Library. The Court Clerk works with the County Sheriff’s office in delivering process warrants.
- The Court Clerk is authorized to administer oaths such as oaths from County Commissioners in condemnation cases .
- The Court Clerk must also make regular reports and provide statistical and other information to the Board of County Commissioners, to the Administrative Office of the Courts, and to the various entities for which the Court Clerk collects fees. Various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports are required.
- The Court Clerk has court files and documents commencing from the early 1900’s to the current time. All court records, excluding Juvenile, Mental Health and Adoption records are available for public inspection.
You can access records from the court clerk from the website below. On Demand Court Records is a website that hosts the court records of Grant County and allows access to these records through a subscription-based membership to their website. On the website, there is an available search engine where you can search using the party name and type, full case number, among others.
Below is the physical address of the Court Clerk:
Deana Kilian, Court Clerk
112 E Guthrie, Room 202
Medford, Ok 73759
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 pm
The County Assessor assesses all property for ad valorem taxation and submits the value of each property to the County Equalization Board and later to the State Board of Equalization for approval. After receiving the certified millage rates from the County Excise Board, the County Assessor prepares the tax roll, which shows the taxes due on each county property and forwards the roll to the County Treasurer for tax collection. The County Assessor also performs the following duties:
- Preparing and maintaining permanent records of all real and personal property including cadastral maps
- Implementing the four-year visual inspection program for all property
- Auditing any property for which the estimated fair cash value differs from the value submitted by the taxpayer
- Receiving and reviewing all applications for exemptions
- Serving as a member of the Board of Tax Roll Corrections
Below is the physical address of the Assessor:
Robin Herod, Assessor
112 E Guthrie Room 101
Medford, Oklahoma 73759
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
|Grant, OK Genealogy and Ancestry Records|
|Source: U.S. Census Bureau, USA Counties Data File Downloads|
|Total Ancestries Reported 2005-2009||4,880|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - United States or American - 2005-2009||270|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Arab - 2005-2009||0|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - British - 2005-2009||5|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Czech - 2005-2009||105|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Danish - 2005-2009||16|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Dutch - 2005-2009||154|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - English - 2005-2009||607|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - European - 2005-2009||28|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - French (except Basque) - 2005-2009||162|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - French Canadian - 2005-2009||16|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - German - 2005-2009||1,349|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Greek - 2005-2009||12|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Hungarian - 2005-2009||7|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Irish - 2005-2009||846|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Italian - 2005-2009||17|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Lithuanian - 2005-2009||0|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Norwegian - 2005-2009||12|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Polish - 2005-2009||67|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Portuguese - 2005-2009||0|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Russian - 2005-2009||4|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Scotch-Irish - 2005-2009||70|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Scottish - 2005-2009||108|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Slovak - 2005-2009||0|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Subsaharan African - 2005-2009||0|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Swedish - 2005-2009||34|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Swiss - 2005-2009||3|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Ukrainian - 2005-2009||0|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Welsh - 2005-2009||30|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - West Indian (excluding Hispanic groups) - 2005-2009||22|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Other Groups - 2005-2009||864|
|Grant County Marriage License Office|
In order to obtain a marriage license in Grant County, the applicants must apply together, in person, at the County Clerk’s office. Both parties must present their state-issued picture ID, military ID, or passport, and know their social security number
|State Law:||Marriage – Title 43 and Restoration of Maiden or Former Name-Alimony-Property Division – Title 43, §121|
|All State Statutes:|| Information is online at the State Website|
|Office:||Grant County Marriage License|
|Location:||112 West Guthrie Street, Medford, Oklahoma, 73759|
Grant County Clerk’s Office
Address: 112 E Guthrie, Medford OK 73759, USA