Lookup Public Records in Murray County, Georgia. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Murray County, Georgia Overview
Murray County is located in the state of Georgia. The county was formed in 1832 and its county seat is Chatsworth. The county has a total population of 39,628, as of 2010, with its area spanning 347 square miles (land area being 344 square miles, while water area being 2.2 square miles). The county consists of 6 ZIP codes, with ZIP code 30705 recorded as the one with the largest population. Murray County borders the following counties: Gordon County, Georgia to the south; Gilmer County, Georgia to the east; Whitfield County, Georgia to the west; Polk County, Tennessee and Fannin County, Georgia to the northeast, and; Bradley County, Tennessee to the northwest.
Murray Clerk of Court Information
- Adoption filing and processing
- Appeals filing and processing
- Child support collection and disbursement
- Civil and domestic court filing and processing
- Criminal court filing and processing
- Deed and property recording
- Family violence and processing
- Fine and fee collection and disbursement
- Garnishment filing and processing
- Jury and grand jury management
- Lien recording
- Notary public certificates and management
- Plat recording
- Trade name registration
- Transfer tax collection
- Soldiers discharge recording
- Uniform Commercial Code recording
Limitations on the Clerk’s Office
- The clerk and deputy clerks desire to help all parties that ask for assistance and will attempt to do so. The clerk and deputy clerks are strictly forbidden to practice law by statute and are restricted in what they can give advice about or assistance in preparing. Any assistance given by this office should not be considered legal advice. Sound legal advice must only come from a licensed attorney, and the clerk’s office encourages all parties to seek competent legal advice. They ask that you be understanding with their staff as they attempt to assist you, knowing the limitations they face in assisting each individual party to a case.
Below is the physical address of the Clerk of Court:
Donna Flood, Clerk of Court
121 N. Third Ave.
Chatsworth, GA 30705
Phone: (706) 695-2932
Jury Phone: (706) 876-9160
Fax: (706) 517-9672
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Murray Tax Assessor Information
The Assessor’s Office is charged with keeping property at fair market value to produce a uniform and equitable tax digest for collection purposes. To better serve the citizens of Murray County, their office takes great pride in educating the taxpayers of the valuing process, appeal process, and any exemptions they are eligible for.
Anytime the Assessors Office Staff are out checking properties, they will be in a white county vehicle marked ‘Property Appraisers’. They usually post at this site the areas they will be that day or days in a particular area.
Below is the physical address of the Tax Assessor:
Anthony Noles, Chief Appraiser
121 N. 4th Ave.
P.O. Box 1129
Chatsworth, GA 30705
Phone: (706) 517-1400
|Murray County Marriage License Office|
In order to obtain a marriage license in Murray County, the applicants must apply together, in person, at the County Clerk’s office. Both parties must present their state-issued picture ID, military ID, or passport, and know their social security number
|State Law:||Marriage – Title 19, Chapter 3 and Domestic Relations – Sections 19-3-62 to 19-3-64|
|All State Statutes:|| Information is online at the State Website|
|Office:||Murray County Marriage License|
|Location:||115 Fort Street, Chatsworth, Georgia, 30705|