Lookup Public Records in Morgan County, Georgia. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Morgan County, Georgia Overview
Morgan County is a county located in the state of Georgia. The county was formed in 1807. The county seat is Madison and it has a population of 18,046 as of 2015. The county has a total area of 355 square miles, with its land area encompassing 347 square miles, and its water area 7.3 square miles. The county consists of 8 ZIP codes, with ZIP code 30650 recorded as the one with the largest population. Moreover, Morgan County borders the following counties: Oconee County, Georgia to the north; Greene County, Georgia to the east; Newton County, Georgia to the west; Walton County, Georgia to the northwest; Jasper County, Georgia to the southwest, and; Putnam County, Georgia to the southeast.
Morgan Superior Court Clerk Information
The Clerk of Court is an elected position serving Superior and Juvenile courts in Morgan County. The Clerk and Deputy Clerks are custodians over the land and property records of the county as well as the civil and criminal file and records in the courts served. The Clerk of Court has oversight over the Board of Equalization.
The Superior Court duties include recording all Morgan County real estate deeds, plats, condominium floor plans, Uniform Commercial Code Filings, General Execution Docket and Lien Filings, military discharges, partnerships, and providing an index and images of all documents. Their records are available online at Georgia Superior Court Clerks’ Cooperative Authority website.
Real Estate eFiling
- Go to the eFile Registry website and Register for a participant ID
- Once the participant ID is issued, visit the eFile GSCCCA website and register
- During Registration, note you have a participant ID to submit request to associate participant ID
- To complete the association of participant ID, go to the eFile Registry website
- Log In
- Select My Account
- Select Participant ID Delegation Requests
- Accept delegation request
- Go to eFile GSCCCA website and begin filing!
Below is the physical address of the County Clerk:
Jody M. Moss, Superior Court Clerk
384 Hancock Street
P.O. Drawer 551
Madison, GA 30650
Phone: (706) 342-3605
Fax: (706) 343-6462
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Morgan Tax Assessor Information
The Morgan County Board of Assessors’ office is charged with the responsibility of valuing all real and personal property in Morgan County for taxation purposes. The appraisal staff coordinates the specialized assessment programs offered by the state and homestead exemptions applications are filed here.
- Maintain all public records for all real and personal property for tax purposes
- Provide a location sheet for a building permit on new construction
- Maintain all records of transfer of property owners
- Manage applications for homestead exemption (regular, senior, disabled veterans, survivors of disabled veterans, surviving spouse of U.S service member killed in action, or surviving spouse of a peace officer or firefighter killed in the line of duty)
- Handle all applications for Conservation Use, FLPA, and Historic Properties through the Specialized Assessment Department
- Maintain a database of all timber harvested properties
- Provide a listing of recent property sales
- Investigate savings given by specialized assessments and homestead exemptions
- Assess property value appeals
- Collect and maintain parcel data for accurate GIS mapping
Below is the physical address of the Tax Assessor:
Guy Rogers, Chief Appraiser
150 E Washington Street
P.O. Box 1297
Madison, GA 30650
Phone: (706) 342-0551
Fax: (706) 343-6333
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
|Morgan County Marriage License Office|
In order to obtain a marriage license in Morgan County, the applicants must apply together, in person, at the County Clerk’s office. Both parties must present their state-issued picture ID, military ID, or passport, and know their social security number
|State Law:||Marriage – Title 19, Chapter 3 and Domestic Relations – Sections 19-3-62 to 19-3-64|
|All State Statutes:|| Information is online at the State Website|
|Office:||Morgan County Marriage License|
|Location:||149 East Jefferson Sreet, Madison, Georgia, 30650|