Lookup Public Records in Jefferson County, Georgia. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Jefferson County, Georgia Overview
Jefferson County is located in the state of Georgia. The county was formed in February 20, 1796 and named after Thomas Jefferson. The county seat is Louisville. As of 2010, the county has a population of 16,930. The county has a total area of 530 square miles, 526 square miles of which is land, and 3.2 square miles is water. The county consists of 9 ZIP codes, with ZIP code 30434 recorded as the one with the largest population. Jefferson County borders the following counties: McDuffie County, Georgia to the north; Emanuel County, Georgia to the south; Burke County, Georgia to the east; Washington County, Georgia to the west; Richmond County, Georgia to the northeast; Glascock County, Georgia and Warren County, Georgia to the northwest, and; Johnson County, Georgia to the southwest.
Jefferson Clerk of Superior Court Information
Anne Durden became Clerk of Superior Court in January 2013. Prior to becoming clerk, she was a practicing attorney for 20 years. She attended the University of Georgia, graduating cum laude and receiving her Bachelor of Science in Education, and Emory University, where she received her Juris Doctor degree.
The Clerk of Superior Court serves as the administrator for superior, state and juvenile courts. As clerk, she is the custodian of all records pertaining to criminal, civil, traffic and juvenile cases. The clerk also maintains all real estate records, including deeds, plats, liens and UCC filings. The clerk further serves as the jury clerk for superior and state courts. Notary commissions and passports are also processed by the Clerk of Superior Court.
The Clerk’s Office is open to the public during regular business hours for researching criminal, civil and real estate records. The link is provided for you below.
Research Real Estate Records:
Below is the physical address of the Clerk of Superior Court:
Anne L. Durden, Clerk of Superior Court
P.O. Box 151
Louisville, GA 30434
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Jefferson Tax Assessor Information
- Certifies annual tax digest and related documents to BOA
- Hires staff
- Responsible for daily office operations
- Works with Tax Commissioner in preparing digest for submission to the Georgia Department of Revenue
Appraisal Staff Responsibilities:
- Appraisal of all commercial and industrial real estate
- Appraisal of all real and personal properties, taxable and exempt including; residential, agricultural, commercial and industrial
- Appraise aircraft
- Appraise business personal property
- Appraise manufactured homes
- Appraise marine equipment
- Maintain ownership records for real and personal property accounts
- Process requests for tax exempt status (churches, charities, etc..) and applications for specialized assessment
- Process returns and appeals of real and personal property
- Receive applications for Freeport exemption
- Receive personal property returns
Below is the physical address of the Tax Assessor:
P.O. Box 555
Louisville, GA 30434
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m
|Jefferson County Marriage License Office|
In order to obtain a marriage license in Jefferson County, the applicants must apply together, in person, at the County Clerk’s office. Both parties must present their state-issued picture ID, military ID, or passport, and know their social security number
|State Law:||Marriage – Title 19, Chapter 3 and Domestic Relations – Sections 19-3-62 to 19-3-64|
|All State Statutes:|| Information is online at the State Website|
|Office:||Jefferson County Marriage License|
|Location:||202 East Broad Street, Louisville, Georgia, 30434|