Lookup Public Records in Fannin County, Georgia. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Fannin County, Georgia Overview
Fannin County is located in the state of Georgia. The county was formed in 1854 and named after James Fannin. The county seat is Blue Ridge. As of 2010, the county has a population of 23,682. The county has a total area of 392 square miles, 387 square miles of which is land, and 5.2 square miles is water. The county consists of 8 ZIP codes, with ZIP code 30513 recorded as the one with the largest population. Fannin County borders the following counties: Union County, Georgia to the east; Murray County, Georgia to the west; Cherokee County, North Carolina to the northeast; Polk County, Tennessee to the northwest; Gilmer County, Georgia to the southwest, and; Dawson County, Georgia and Lumpkin County, Georgia to the southeast.
Fannin Clerk of Court Information
The Office of the Clerk of Superior Court consists of three divisions: the Judicial Division, the Real Estate Division and the Administrative Division.
- The judicial division is responsible for receiving, filing, processing, storing, and retrieving civil and criminal court records for the superior court. This division provides support for all the superior court judges through management of case files and, when necessary, the attendance of court. You may obtain copies of and/or files of the following documents: Civil Case Files, Criminal Indictments, Subpoenas and Juvenile Court (by court order only).
- The real estate division is responsible for receiving, recording, processing, indexing and reproducing all documents related to real estate. The Uniform Commercial Code section requires recording, processing and indexing records serving public notice that personal properties located within the county have outstanding liens against them. You may obtain copies of and /or files of the following documents: Real Estate Deeds, Plats, Charters, Limited Partnerships, Easements, Liens, Notice of Suits, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, etc.
- The business/administrative division provides many auxiliary services. A citizen can appeal a decision from a Superior Court hearing in a civil or criminal matter, file for an adoption, obtain a Fi. Fa, a hospital lien or foreign judgement, register the trade name of a business, retain information of general partnerships, apply for a notary public commission or apply for a passport. This division is also responsible for payment of funds into the registry of the court as directed by the court, and all aspects of jury service. You may obtain copies of and/or files of the following documents: Appeals, Adoptions, General Executions, Trade Names, Notary Public Commissions, Jury Management and Passports.
Real Estate Division
Below is the physical address of the Clerk of Court:
Dana Chastain, Clerk of Court
400 West Main Street
Blue Ridge, GA 30513
Fannin Tax Assessor Information
The Tax Assessor’s Office is responsible for appraising all real and personal properties at their fair market value with market value being defined as the amount a knowledgeable buyer would pay and a willing seller would accept for a tract or parcel of land. Fannin County has approximately 27,093 real parcels of land and 4,040 personal property accounts.
A Message from the Fannin County Tax Assessors Office
- Throughout the year you may notice the Fannin County Board of Assessors appraisal staff in your neighborhood or area conducting onsite field inspections. Fannin County vehicles will be clearly marked with emblems, and staff will have picture ID’s and business cards. Feel free to question staff for the reason for their visit and produce identification. They appreciate your cooperation with their necessary onsite visits and as always they want to respect your privacy.
- As a part of conducting field inspections due to Building Permits, Appeals, or general appraisal review, the staff will be reviewing land characteristics, improvements and taking exterior measurements. Normally there is not a need to come inside your home or place of business but at some time it may be necessary in order to complete the inspection or appeal review. Should a interior inspections be needed, it will be noted on the informational door hanger by the appraiser. The taxpayer can set up an appointment with their appraiser to complete the interior inspection. Should you not be at home and no interior inspection is needed, the review will still be conducted and an informational door hanger will be left along with the appraisers’ business card. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the number on the card to speak with your appraiser.
The Fannin County Assessor makes every effort to produce the most accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied are provided for the data herein, its use or interpretation. The assessment information is from the last certified tax roll. All other data is subject to change. The link is provided below.
Below is the physical address of the Tax Assessor:
Dawn Cochran, Chief Appraiser
400 West Main Street, Suite 102
Blue Ridge, GA 30513
|Fannin County Marriage License Office|
In order to obtain a marriage license in Fannin County, the applicants must apply together, in person, at the County Clerk’s office. Both parties must present their state-issued picture ID, military ID, or passport, and know their social security number
|State Law:||Marriage – Title 19, Chapter 3 and Domestic Relations – Sections 19-3-62 to 19-3-64|
|All State Statutes:|| Information is online at the State Website|
|Office:||Fannin County Marriage License|
|Location:||420 West Main Street, Blue Ridge, Georgia, 30513|