Lookup Public Records in Calhoun County, Georgia. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Calhoun County, Georgia Overview
Calhoun County is a county located in the state of Georgia. The county was formed in February 20, 1854. Named after John C. Calhoun, the county seat is Morgan and it has a population of 6,694 as of 2010. The county has a total area of 284 square miles, with its land area encompassing 280 square miles, and its water area 3.2 square miles. The county consists of 6 ZIP codes, with ZIP code 39846 recorded as the one with the largest population. Moreover, Calhoun County borders the following counties: Dougherty County, GA to the east; Clay County, GA to the west; Terrell County, GA to the northeast; Randolph County, GA to the northwest; Early County, GA to the southwest, and; Baker County, GA to the southeast.
Calhoun County Clerk Information
“As your County Clerk and Register of Deeds, it is my pleasure to present the Calhoun County directory to assist you in communicating with all levels of government. Our directory includes the addresses, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and web site addresses of elected officials holding local, state and national offices, including: descriptions of services provided by various departments and agencies. Our directory is compiled by the staff of the Calhoun County Clerk and Register of Deeds office. This online directory is updated periodically as changes are reported to us. For further information or assistance, please feel free to call our office at (269) 781-0707.”
Below is the physical address of the County Clerk:
Anne B. Norlander, Calhoun County Clerk and Register of Deeds
Calhoun County Building
315 West Green Street
Marshall, MI 49068
Calhoun County Justice Center
161 East Michigan Avenue
Battle Creek, MI 49014-4066
Calhoun Clerk of Superior Court Information
Duties Of The Clerk of Superior Court:
- Responsible directly to the people of Calhoun County for the administration of the office. Perform all duties prescribed by law in connection with the Superior Court.
- Serving as Recorder of Deeds, mortgages and other instruments required by the Code of Georgia.
- Hiring and supervising personnel; prescribing working conditions.
- Serve as Clerk of the Juvenile Court and Clerk of the Jury Commissioners.
- Mandated Duties Performed By This Office:
- Computerized scanning and Indexing of all deeds recorded from January 1, 1999. This is performed daily and made available for public search over the internet.
- Computerized scanning and Indexing of all plats recorded from from January 1, 1999. This is performed daily and made available for public search over the internet.
- Computerized Indexing of all Civil Cases filed in the County since January 1, 2000 and transmitted to the State daily. (mandatory since July 1, 2001) This involves entering data for each case as documents are filed for each case.
- Computerized Indexing for all Criminal Cases filed in the County since January 1, 2000 and transmitted to the State once per week. (Mandatory since July 1, 2001)
- Financing Statements: Processing and scanning into the State computer for search over the Internet. This is done daily.
Below is the physical address of the Clerk of Superior Court:
Karen Taylor, Clerk of Superior Court
Post Office Box 69
Morgan, Georgia 39866
Phone: (229) 849-2715
Fax: (229) 849-0072
Hours of Operation: Monday thru Friday
Calhoun Clerk of Court and Comptroller Information
The Office of the Clerk is a complex organization that performs a wide range of record keeping, information management and financial management for the judicial system and county government.
Public Records Requests
All public records requests should be submitted to the attention of the Calhoun County Clerk’s Office/Board of County Commissioners’ custodian of public records:
Administrative Assistant, Deputy Clerk
Address – 20859 Central Ave. East, Room 130
Blountstown, FL 32424
Below is the physical address of the Clerk of Court and Comptroller:
Calhoun County Clerk of Court
20859 Central Avenue E., Room 130
Blountstown, FL 32424
Phone: (850) 674-4545
Fax: (850) 674-5553
|Calhoun County Marriage License Office|
In order to obtain a marriage license in Calhoun County, the applicants must apply together, in person, at the County Clerk’s office. Both parties must present their state-issued picture ID, military ID, or passport, and know their social security number
|State Law:||Marriage – Title 19, Chapter 3 and Domestic Relations – Sections 19-3-62 to 19-3-64|
|All State Statutes:|| Information is online at the State Website|
|Office:||Calhoun County Marriage License|
|Location:||1111 School Street, Morgan, Georgia, 31766|
#Cat Cooling Mat BOGO sale - https://t.co/4FxcLQsTQ3 #CalhounCounty #BigCreekMS #BruceMS #CalhounCityMS #DermaMS #PittsboroMS #SlateSpringsMS #VardamanMS #CalhounCountyMS
#ChoctawCounty #AckermanMS #FrenchCampMS #MathistonMS #WeirMS #ChoctawCountyMS https://t.co/kK0rYZNiic