Lookup Public Records in Bartow County, Georgia. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Bartow County, Georgia Overview
Bartow County is located in the state of Georgia. Named after Francis S. Bartow, the county was formed in December 3, 1832 and its county seat is Cartersville. The county has a total population of 100,157, as of 2010, with its area spanning 470 square miles (land area being 460 square miles, while water area being 11 square miles). The county consists of 14 ZIP codes, with ZIP code 30120 recorded as the one with the largest population. Bartow County borders the following counties: Gordon County, Georgia to the north; Paulding County, Georgia to the south; Cherokee County, Georgia to the east; Floyd County, Georgia to the west; Pickens County, Georgia to the northeast; Polk County, Georgia to the southwest, and; Cobb County, Georgia to the southeast.
Bartow Clerk of Superior Court Information
Directions to Office
- From I-75 take EXIT 288 Main Street.
- Proceed West along Main Street (Hwy 113) to Erwin Street.
- Take a right at the traffic signal.
- Proceed north along Erwin to first 4-way Stop.
- Turn Left on Cherokee Avenue.
- Frank Moore Administration Building will be 2nd building on the right adjacent to the Old (Gold Dome) Courthouse.
- After entering the Main Entrance and through Security, take the hallway to the Right, and then first office on the Right
The office of the clerk has now made forms available for the public online. In this way the public can now easily access these forms easily. You may visit the given link below if you’re interested.
(This office is NOT allowed to give any legal advice. To do so would be in violation of Georgia Law (OCGA 15-19-51(a)(4) & (6)) and is Punishable with Fines and/or Serving Time.)
Below is the physical address of the Clerk of Superior Court:
Melba Scoggins, Clerk of Superior Court
135 W Cherokee Ave
Cartersville, GA 30120
Bartow Tax Assessor Information
The Assessors Office primary mission is to prepare a fair and equitable tax digest in accordance with applicable laws and professional standards. The Tax Digest is the assessment of all real and tangible personal property subject to taxation in Bartow County.
The Board of Assessors was established by state law to determine the fair market value of all real and personal property in the county for property tax purposes. Property taxation is based on the concept that persons should share the cost of government according to their ability to pay. In the property tax system, ability to pay is measured by the value of property.
The Board of Assessors determines the estimate of property value and this process is called the “Appraised Value” of property. The board then applies the statutory 40% to that appraisal to generate the “Assessed Value” on which taxes are based.
In the State of Georgia all improved and unimproved real property subject to taxation shall be returned in the county where the real property is located. The law requires that property owners declare their property and its value to the Board of Assessors. The Board of Assessors’ legal duty is to correct property owner returns so that all property in the Tax Digest correctly reflects its fair market value. To accomplish this task, the Board of Assessors performs a number of functions:
- Property Identification – Identifying property to be appraised and data to be updated.
- Appraisal of Growth Property – Appraising property created as a result of growth, such as new lots, new houses, new businesses, or remodeling.
- Reappraisal of Existing property – Revaluing existing property to keep current with values.
- Assessment Notification – Advising taxpayers of the value assigned to their properties.
- Appeal Process – Providing an opportunity for property owners to appeal property value.
- Tax Relief – Providing property owners an opportunity to take advantage of exemptions and special assessment laws that can reduce their burden.
- Preparation of the Tax Digest – The Board of Assessors prepares the real and personal property portions of the Tax Digest.
Notice To Property Owners And Occupants:
In accordance with O.C.G.A. 48-5-264.1, please be advised that the Bartow County Assessor’s Office may be visiting your property to review your parcel information. The following will be reviewed: building permits (City & County), new construction, a return filed, removal of improvements, exemption applications, appeals. The appraiser who reviews your property will have photo identification and a county vehicle with the Bartow County logo. Please make your property available so we can accurately appraise.
The Bartow County Board of Assessors makes every effort to produce the most accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied are provided for the data herein, its use or interpretation. The assessment information is from the last certified tax roll. All other data is subject to change.
Tax Records are available online. Visit the given link below whenever you’re interested.
Below is the physical address of the Tax Assessor:
Dana Shellhorse, Chief Appraiser/Dept. Head
Bartow County Assessor’s Office
135 W. Cherokee Avenue, Suite 126
Cartersville, Georgia 30120
Phone (770) 387 – 5090
Fax (770) 606 – 2390
Office Hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
Bartow County Probate Office
Address: 35 W Cherokee Ave Ste 243A, Cartersville, GA 30120, United States
Check out all the action in tonight’s Winter Futsal League @LakePointSports Champions Center starting at 6pm.
#LakePointLocal #Futsal #FutsalLeague #Soccer #BartowCounty #CobbCounty #FultonCounty #CherokeeCounty #PauldingCounty #FloydCounty https://t.co/9Os3L73Sa5