Lookup Public Records in Glenn County, California. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Glenn County, California Overview
Glenn County is located in the state of California. The county was formed in 1891 and named after Hugh J. Glenn. The county seat is Willows. As of 2013, the county has a population of 27940. The county has a total area of 1327 square miles, 1314 square miles of which is land, and 13 square miles is water. Glenn County borders the following counties: Tehama County, CA to the north; Colusa County, CA to the south; Butte County, CA to the east; Mendocino County, CA to the west, and; Lake County, CA to the southwest.
Glenn County Clerk Information
As a division of the Assessor/Clerk-Recorder, they are responsible for real estate transactions and vital records, including: Births, Deaths, Custodian of Records, and Map Filings.
Several applications for certified copies of birth & death, as well as marriage certificates, are available for download in the website. For marriage certificates, the fee is $15.00 per copy. Confidential marriage certificates are $14.00 per copy. If no record of the marriage is found, the $15.00 or $14.00 (whichever is applicable) fee will be retained for searching the record (Health & Safety Code Section 103650) and a Certificate of No Record will be issued to the applicant. The fee for the Birth Certified Copy is $25, while the fee for the Death Certified Copy is $21. Instructions for filling up the form are also present in the form.
Below is the physical address of the Assessor/Clerk-Recorder Website:
516 West Sycamore Street
Willows, CA 95988
Business Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Phone: (530) 934-6412
Court Clerk Information
A court clerk, assists the judge. The clerk’s specific duties are to:
- Maintain the official record of the court;
- Be responsible for the clerical courtroom activities;
- Determine whether cases are ready for hearing or trial;
- Keep the court calendar and give legal notices;
- Prepare court minutes, judgments and verdict forms;
- Assist with impaneling juries and administering oaths;
- Collect, record and report all fines, bail and other money received in court;
- Take affidavits and acknowledgments and enters all court proceedings in the Automated Case Management System;
- Arrange for interpreters, jury panels, files, papers and exhibits;
- Prepare and issue subpoenas, citations, bench warrants, attachments and, other legal documents that facilitate or execute the actions of the court.
Court cases are also available for viewing in their site. All non-confidential, non-sealed, case types are available (Civil, Criminal, Family Law, Probate, Small Claims, Traffic, etc.)
Glenn County Clerk Recorder
County Government Office
Address: 516 West Sycamore Street, 2nd Floor, Willows, CA 95988