Lookup Public Records in Sacramento County, California. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Sacramento County, California
Sacramento County, in central California, was named for the Sacramento River. The river forms the western border of the county. The county seat is also named Sacramento, and serves as the state capital as well. The county was formed at the time of statehood, in 1851, and has a population of 1,418,788.
The County Clerk/Recorder’s office carries out the following functions on behalf of Sacramento County:
- Issues and registers marriage licenses
- Performs civil marriage ceremonies
- Registers unlawful detainer assistants (UDAs), legal document assistants (LDAs), professional photocopiers, notaries public and process servers
- Records or files authorized documents and maps
- Preserves the official archive of legally recordable documents
- Files environmental impact reports, statements of economic interest and fictitious business name statements
- Maintains birth records, marriage records and death records occurring within the county (Divorce records are maintained by the Superior Court.)
- Issues birth, death and marriage certificates, and certified copies of recorded documents
Public records can be obtained by mail, by doing a search online, by email, or by visiting the clerk/recorder’s office in person. To do a public records search online, you will have to access the Sacramento County Clerk/Recorder website. Depending on the records you want to obtain, click on the relevant link. The website also has more information about services offered by the County Clerk/Recorder.
It is important to note that some records cannot be obtained online; as a result, you will have to visit the recorder’s office in person to obtain these records. You will be required to fill out the records request form and submit it before you are served. On the form, remember to indicate the kind of records you are requesting to minimize the searching time. You can also request public records by mail; after filling out the records request form, mail it to the address below, and remember to indicate your address:
Sacramento County Clerk/Recorder
P.O. Box 839
Sacramento, CA 95812-0839
You can also sign up for email alerts about County Clerk/Recorder services. Below is the physical address of the Sacramento County Clerk/Recorder’s office:
600 8th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Sacramento County Clerk
County Government Office
Address: P.O. Box 839 Sacramento, CA 95812-0839
Phone: (916) 874-6334
I spoke this week with #SacramentoCounty Superintendent of Schools @SuptDaveGordon.
I'm thankful to all the local educators and families for their tireless efforts in ensuring our students continue to receive a safe and high-quality education amid #COVID19.