Lookup Public Records in Lee County, Arkansas. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Lee County, Arkansas Overview
Located in the state of Arkansas, Lawrence County has a population of about 10,424, according to the US Census Bureau. The county seat, and largest community is Marianna. The county was established on April 17, 1873, and named for General Robert E. Lee, who served as General in Chief of the Armies of the Confederate States in 1865. The total square miles for the county are 620, 603 of that is land and the remaining 17 is water. A portion of the nationally protected St. Francis National Forest lies inside the county lines. Lee County is bordered by Tunica County in Mississippi to the east, plus four other Arkansas counties. The counties are: St. Francis to the north, Crittenden to the northeast, Phillips to the south and Monroe to the west. Lee County uses nine zip codes, the largest of which is 72360.
Lee County Clerk Information
The Lee County Courthouse address is:
Lee County Courthouse
15 E Chestnut Street
Marianna, AR 72360
Lynsey Russell is the county clerk and she can be reached by phone: (870) 295-7715
The County Clerk’s office is the clerk of the probate court, files and maintains all instruments in decedent estates, guardianships, adoptions, small estates, and mental and alcoholic petitions.
- The office serves as secretary to the Quorum Court, including preparing court agendas, department budgets, recording minutes and writing ordinances and resolutions.
- As clerk of the County Court, the office keeps records of annexations, incorporations, county purchases, election results, tax levies, board appointments, improvement districts, contracts and agreements signed by the County Judge.
- As voter registrar, maintains an up-to-date list of county voters, by many different references. The office handles absentee and early voting (in conjunction with Independence County Election Commission) in each election and stores various election materials.
- The County Clerk serves as secretary to the Equalization Board and is responsible for extending the taxes from information provided by the County Assessor, making a recap of taxes extended and charging the County Collector with collecting those taxes. The Clerk then distributes all taxes collected to the appropriate taxing unit.
- Serving as the official bookkeeper of the County, they keep a record of all financial transactions and filing all papers relating to any claim against the County and prepare all checks on the Treasury.
- The Clerk makes the county payroll and all reports pertaining to the county payroll system.
- The office issues all marriage licenses.
The circuit clerk, Mary-Ann Wilkinson, can be reached by email: email@example.com
The administrative duties of the Clerk are to maintain an accurate record of all proceedings of the Circuit Courts, to enter docket numbers and names of the defendants, and to prepare dockets for these courts. The Clerk also prepares summons and warrants as well as files all of the court orders, judgments, and injunctions authorized by the Circuit Court. The Circuit Clerk also maintains a file of all cases pending in the courts, as well as a record of all the past cases and their dispositions. In addition to maintaining the court records, the Circuit Clerk also acts as a secretary to the jury commission by selecting and maintaining current and past list of all prospective jurors. The Clerk is also the ex-officio county recorder. The office is responsible for recording deeds, mortgages, liens, surety bonds, surveys, and many other orders and instruments which involve property within Johnson County. The Clerk is responsible for keeping many miscellaneous items as well. These include but are not limited to mechanics liens, medical liens, state and federal tax liens, performance bonds, and DD-214 forms for retired veterans. The office also swears in all notaries public. Other duties of the Circuit Clerks office consist of collecting and distributing child support that has been court ordered to come through the registry of the court. We also collect and distribute all Criminal felony restitution and distribute bond money ordered by the Circuit Courts.
Lee County Records
Becky Hogan is the County Assessor, and she can be reached by phone or email: 870-295-7750 or firstname.lastname@example.org
15 E. Chestnut Street
Marianna, AR 72360
The Assessor’s office maintains current appraisal and assessment records, makes changes in valuations as they occur, stays abreast of property transactions within the county and keeps a file on properties updated throughout the year. Personal property assessments must be made by May 31st of each year.
Deeds and title searches may be performed at the physical address or site address below:
Lee County Circuit Clerk
15 East Chestnut Street
Marianna, AR 72360
County and circuit courts file dockets and official court records with the circuit clerk’s office. The circuit clerk can be reached at 870-295-7710. You may also use this contact number for property legal documents, including deeds, mortgages, liens, plats and surety bonds.
Marriage licenses issued and recorded can be searched by calling 870-295-7715. The fee for a marriage license is $60 and both parties must be present with valid ID.
Online services, including property taxes and payments can be found here: http://www.arkansas.gov/services/all-services
15 E Chestnut St # 1
Marianna, AR 72360
Traffic fees and court fine information can be found here: http://www.arkansas.gov/services/list/category/government-local
|Lee County Marriage License Office|
In order to obtain a marriage license in Lee County, the applicants must apply together, in person, at the County Clerk’s office. Both parties must present their state-issued picture ID, military ID, or passport, and know their social security number
|State Law:||Marriage – Title 9, Ch. 11 and Premarital agreements – Title 9, Ch. 11, Subchapter 4|
|All State Statutes:|| Information is online at the State Website|
|Office:||Lee County Marriage License|
|Location:||15 East Chestnut St., Marianna, Arkansas, 72360|