Lookup Public Records in Jackson County, Arkansas. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Jackson County, Arkansas Overview
Located in the state of Arkansas, Jackson County has a population of about 17,997, according to the US Census Bureau. The county is named for Andrew Jackson, a national hero during the War of 1812. By the county’s formation in 1829, Jackson had become the seventh President of the United States. Jackson County is home to seven incorporated towns and four incorporated cities, including Newport, the largest city and county seat. The county is also the site of numerous unincorporated communities and ghost towns. Occupying 633.94 square miles Woodruff County is the 41st largest county of the 75 in Arkansas. Based on population, the county is the 40th-largest county in Arkansas. Although terrain rises in the west, most of Jackson County is within the Arkansas Delta, characterized by largely flat terrain with fertile soils. Historically covered in forest, bayous and swamps, the area was cleared for agriculture by early settlers. It is drained by the White River. Although no Interstate highways are in Jackson County, two United States highways (U.S. Route 67 (US 67) and US 167) and fifteen Arkansas state highways run in the county. A Union Pacific Railroad line also crosses the county. The total square miles for the county are 642, 634 of that is land and the remaining 7.6 is water. Jackson County is bordered by seven other Arkansas counties. Lawrence to the north, Craighead to the northeast, Poinsett to the east, Cross to the southeast, Woodruff to the south, White to the southwest, and Independence to the west. The nationally protected, Cache River National Wildlife Refuge is partially inside the county lines. A total of 11 zip codes covers the county and 72112 is the largest.
Jackson County Clerk Information
The Jackson County Courthouse address is:
208 Main Street
Newport, AR 72112
Melanie Clark, serves as County Clerk and she can be reached at the office address or phone number below:
208 Main Street
Newport, Arkansas 72112
The County Clerk office is the clerk of the probate court, files and maintains all instruments in decedent estates, guardianships, adoptions, small estates, and mental and alcoholic petitions.
- The office serves as secretary to the Quorum Court, including preparing court agendas, department budgets, recording minutes and writing ordinances and resolutions.
- As clerk of the County Court, the office keeps records of annexations, incorporations, county purchases, election results, tax levies, board appointments, improvement districts, contracts and agreements signed by the County Judge.
- As voter registrar, maintains an up-to-date list of county voters, by many different references. The office handles absentee and early voting (in conjunction with Independence County Election Commission) in each election and stores various election materials.
- The County Clerk serves as secretary to the Equalization Board and is responsible for extending the taxes from information provided by the County Assessor, making a recap of taxes extended and charging the County Collector with collecting those taxes. The Clerk then distributes all taxes collected to the appropriate taxing unit.
- Serving as the official bookkeeper of the County, they keep a record of all financial transactions and filing all papers relating to any claim against the County and prepare all checks on the Treasury.
- The Clerk makes the county payroll and all reports pertaining to the county payroll system.
- The office issues all marriage licenses.
The circuit clerk is Stacey Sullivan, who can be reached by phone: 870-523-7423.
The Circuit Clerk’s office maintains a record of all proceedings of the circuit, chancery and juvenile courts.
- They serve as ex-officio recorder of the County, issuing dockets for circuit court, issuing summons, warrants, orders, judgments and injunctions authorized by the courts for delivery by the County Sheriff. The office maintains current cases pending in the court, past court cases and dispositions.
- The Clerk also issues summons to new jurors and maintains a brief juror profile for attorneys. The office receives and disburses all money paid into court for fines, court cases, restitutions, condemnations and child support. The Clerk is also responsible to record deeds, mortgages, liens, financing statements, bonds, plats and miscellaneous other filings.
Jackson County Records
Court records can be searched here
Dianne Burgess is the tax collector for the county. Her contact information follows:
Jackson County Tax Collector
208 Main Street
Newport, AR 72112
The tax assessor is Diann Ballard who can be reached by phone: 870-523-7410
Property tax statements and payments can be processed here
Other tax record information, may be searched here: http://newportarcity.org/jackson-county/elected-officials/county/
Access online services here
Marriage licenses are available through the Jackson County Clerk’s office, 208 Main Street, Newport, AR 72112. For information about the requirements for a Marriage License, feel free to call the Clerk’s office at 870-523-7420. The County Clerk’s Office is open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
|Jackson County Marriage License Office|
In order to obtain a marriage license in Jackson County, the applicants must apply together, in person, at the County Clerk’s office. Both parties must present their state-issued picture ID, military ID, or passport, and know their social security number
|State Law:||Marriage – Title 9, Ch. 11 and Premarital agreements – Title 9, Ch. 11, Subchapter 4|
|All State Statutes:|| Information is online at the State Website|
|Office:||Jackson County Marriage License|
|Location:||208 Main Street, Newport, Arkansas, 72112|
Jackson County Clerks Office
Address: 208 Main St, Newport, AR 72112, United States
Project claims to be worth $140,000,000 yet the "estimated tax revenue" is blank. Claims "adequate" water/sewer are available, yet doesn't state any usage estimates... 3,000,000 sq.ft of warehousing, yet no environmental impact report of any kind. #JacksonCounty #SaturdayDrop... https://t.co/5nqJgxynde