Lookup Public Records in Izard County, Arkansas. Including Vital Birth and Death Records, Deeds, Probate, Property Records, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, Marriage Licenses, Voter Registrar, Payroll, Military Discharges.
Izard County, Arkansas Overview
Located in the state of Arkansas, Izard County has a population of about 13,696, according to the US Census Bureau. The county seat is Melbourne; however, Horseshoe Bend is the largest community. Izard County is Arkansas’s thirteenth county, formed on October 27, 1825, and named for War of 1812 General and Arkansas Territorial Governor George Izard. It is an alcohol prohibition or dry county. The total square miles of the county are 584, 581 of that is land, and the remaining 3.4 square miles is water. Neighboring counties include: Fulton to the north, Sharp t the east, Independence to the southeast, Stone to the southwest, and Baxter to the northwest. The county uses a total of 18 zip codes to cover the square mileage and the largest zip code is 72556.
Izard County Clerk Information
The Izard County Courthouse address is:
80 East Main Street
P.O. Box 327
Melbourne, AR 72556
Shelly Downing, serves as both the Izard County & Circuit Clerk and she can be reached at the office address or phone number below:
80 East Main Street
Post Office Box 95
Melbourne, Arkansas 72556
The County Clerk office is the clerk of the probate court, files and maintains all instruments in decedent estates, guardianships, adoptions, small estates, and mental and alcoholic petitions.
- The office serves as secretary to the Quorum Court, including preparing court agendas, department budgets, recording minutes and writing ordinances and resolutions.
- As clerk of the County Court, the office keeps records of annexations, incorporations, county purchases, election results, tax levies, board appointments, improvement districts, contracts and agreements signed by the County Judge.
- As voter registrar, maintains an up-to-date list of county voters, by many different references. The office handles absentee and early voting (in conjunction with Independence County Election Commission) in each election and stores various election materials.
- The County Clerk serves as secretary to the Equalization Board and is responsible for extending the taxes from information provided by the County Assessor, making a recap of taxes extended and charging the County Collector with collecting those taxes. The Clerk then distributes all taxes collected to the appropriate taxing unit.
- Serving as the official bookkeeper of the County, they keep a record of all financial transactions and filing all papers relating to any claim against the County and prepare all checks on the Treasury.
- The Clerk makes the county payroll and all reports pertaining to the county payroll system.
- The office issues all marriage licenses.
The Circuit Clerk’s office maintains a record of all proceedings of the circuit, chancery and juvenile courts.
- They serve as ex-officio recorder of the County, issuing dockets for circuit court, issuing summons, warrants, orders, judgments and injunctions authorized by the courts for delivery by the County Sheriff. The office maintains current cases pending in the court, past court cases and dispositions.
- The Clerk also issues summons to new jurors and maintains a brief juror profile for attorneys. The office receives and disburses all money paid into court for fines, court cases, restitutions, condemnations and child support. The Clerk is also responsible to record deeds, mortgages, liens, financing statements, bonds, plats and miscellaneous other filings.
Izard County Records
The county assessor is Tammy Sanders and she can be reached by mail or phone:
P O Box 131
Melbourne, AR 72556
They strive to be a source of accurate and timely property information for local government and the community. Their mission is to equitably and accurately assess all real and personal property in a professional and courteous manner that assures public confidence and funding for public services.
Marilyn Downing is the Izard County Collector and she can be reached by mail or phone:
PO Box 490
Melbourne AR 72556
The County Tax Collector is responsible to collect all personal and real estate taxes, consisting of County General, County Library, County Road, Solid Waste, Library Tax, City Tax, County Tax, Timber Tax and Improvement Taxes for Departee Creek and Curia Creek. The Collector keeps those taxes posted. The Tax Collector office also collects the fees for household solid waste pickup service through its trash billing department. Tax record searches can be performed here
Title and deed searches can be performed at the address or site below:
Izard County Circuit Court
80 East Main Street
PO Box 95
Melbourne, AR 72556
Online documents can be found here: http://www.izardcountyar.org/forms
|Izard, AR Genealogy and Ancestry Records|
|Source: U.S. Census Bureau, USA Counties Data File Downloads|
|Total Ancestries Reported 2005-2009||13,941|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - United States or American - 2005-2009||1,027|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Arab - 2005-2009||64|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - British - 2005-2009||22|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Czech - 2005-2009||69|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Danish - 2005-2009||54|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Dutch - 2005-2009||511|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - English - 2005-2009||1,564|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - European - 2005-2009||73|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - French (except Basque) - 2005-2009||398|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - French Canadian - 2005-2009||58|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - German - 2005-2009||2,614|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Greek - 2005-2009||15|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Hungarian - 2005-2009||39|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Irish - 2005-2009||2,739|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Italian - 2005-2009||206|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Lithuanian - 2005-2009||9|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Norwegian - 2005-2009||118|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Polish - 2005-2009||193|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Portuguese - 2005-2009||5|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Russian - 2005-2009||28|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Scotch-Irish - 2005-2009||481|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Scottish - 2005-2009||369|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Slovak - 2005-2009||0|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Subsaharan African - 2005-2009||0|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Swedish - 2005-2009||75|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Swiss - 2005-2009||20|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Ukrainian - 2005-2009||19|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Welsh - 2005-2009||76|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - West Indian (excluding Hispanic groups) - 2005-2009||9|
|Persons Reporting Total Ancestry As - Other Groups - 2005-2009||2,949|
|Izard County Marriage License Office|
In order to obtain a marriage license in Izard County, the applicants must apply together, in person, at the County Clerk’s office. Both parties must present their state-issued picture ID, military ID, or passport, and know their social security number
|State Law:||Marriage – Title 9, Ch. 11 and Premarital agreements – Title 9, Ch. 11, Subchapter 4|
|All State Statutes:|| Information is online at the State Website|
|Office:||Izard County Marriage License|
|Location:||80 East Main Street, Post Office Box 95, Melbourne, Arkansas, 72556|
Izard County Clerk’s Office
County Government Office
Address: 400 Court St, Melbourne, AR 72556, United States